I'm working at home today - have stacks to catch up on - so it's a bit of a necessity.
The Olympic torch 'hit' Hastings last night. It came right past the office, so we all watched in rapt fascination. Hastings was packed, it's that kind of town - any excuse for a party. I was amazed at how enthusiastic everyone was, and although I have reservations about the commercial sponsorship - it all went very well. As it happens, the chap who carried the torch from the seafront to the America Ground, where we are based - is a guy called Martyn who was very badly burned whilst serving in Afganistan - so a popular choice. This morning the torch went past my house. It was a bit early in the day for all that enthusiasm - but Ore Village was packed with wide eyed kids - there was, of course. Traffic chaos.
I understand that the party went on until quite late - with music, dancing and beer tents. At least the weather was good.
Need to do some forward planning today - lots of work to juggle and a couple of proposals to write. The house is in chaos and I have already had 4 unsolicited phone calls from people asking if I've been injured or paid too much insurance.
No comments:
Post a Comment