Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Wednesday

Drinking Coffee - getting ready for work, live linked to CERN ( not a great connection... )

Worked really hard yesterday, then came home and worked some more - then had an email at 10.30 asking me to change it all - I have a client who has a very 'can you do it in green - on - I meant in a different font' type of attitude.

I'm booked up to see 'The Mousetrap' later in the summer - I've always fancied it, ever since I was a kid I'd look at the theatre listings in my mothers Daily Telegraph and wonder how good a play must be to have been on for 25 years - now 60, it's probably awful - populated by bad actors looking for a break and old people eating sandwiches in the stalls - but I'm excited.

Still very wet and November-ish - the garden likes it - I don't. I had to cycle to work in the rain yesterday and couldn't keep my feet on the pedals - the trainers kept slipping off.

Small dog has developed a bad habit of pissing in the bathroom - don't know where that came from - another door that needs to stay locked.

I was invited out for drinks 3 times yesterday - refused them all - and bumped into someone I know at a cashpoint, as I said hello - the biggest wad of cash I have ever seen popped out of the dispenser - it was at least an inch thick - I think he thought I was going to mug him. It never crossed my mind - honest!

The neighburs left bin bags out - the biggest ravens I have ever seen have spread the contents all over their garden - they were like rottweilers.

I had a pay claim that I'd forgotten from the college to sign and take in - I popped over at lunch time - even being in the building made me uncomfortable - I had the distinct impression I was being snubbed by everyone, which is much better than making smalltalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment