Woke up in a terrible mood, just trying to focus on getting ready for work - cannot tell what's happening with the weather, it's actually pretty cold and will probably rain later. Grim, dark and overcast.
I'm really tired today - and just not in the mood.
There is some good news - I'm not dying - which wasn't the way I felt last week. I don't have skin cancer - what I thought was a malignant carcinoma is something I can't pronounce and so banal and benign they didn't even offer to remove it. The only remarkable thing about it was that it's usually associated with much older men. So, planning my funeral playlist and coming to terms with a wasted and unfulfilled life was not a good use of my weekend. Apparently it's relatively common - up to 10% of men get it at some point in their (later) lives and they generally assume the worst. Perhaps if it was better known I would have been less distressed - because it does look EXACTLY like skin cancer. It never occurred to me to ask if only men get it - I should have thought of that. I could google - but I'd rather put it behind me and focus on something else.
M&S are apparently not doing very well - possibly because their range is rubbish - the menswear is crap and their retail presentation is dated and uninspired. The food area in my local M&S is bigger every time I go in there - they might as well give free socks away with the ready meals.
Everyone I know has a birthday in the next 2 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment