This week is racing by - very tired this morning - hot and muggy by 7am. Plenty of work to do today and tomorrow - just going to knuckle down.
The Shard has it's inauguration today - I still don't like it. Rather misleading article here. I really liked this piece of work and think it should have been better executed - there is enough bad public art out there - it would have been great in an internal space where it would have been less ravaged by the elements - could have replaced the terrible 'Kiss' statue at St Pancras.
Plenty of debate ( quite restrained ) about the Frank Ocean revelation earlier this week - what I find most interesting, and gratifying - is that in a world ( and idustry ) where sex and sexuality are such crass, monetised, cheap comodities ( yes - pretty much eeryone from Madonna to Kate Vice - I'm talking about YOU ) - it's such a dignified and modest statement. That, I didn't expect.
I'm only in the studio 3 days next week - one in London, and I'm off on Friday - I needed a long weekend to get things done. I'll just be on auto-pilot until then.
It's so humid the washing won't dry.
No comments:
Post a Comment