Sunday, 8 July 2012

Sunday

I'm absolutly pig sick of Andy Murray already - it's not even 9.30am.

We had that biblical rain last night - everything is waterlogged - including a dog bed and blankets I left out earlier in the week - which may not survive.

I really needed a break this weekend - but didn't get one. I had an email conversation last week about all the things I can't put in the blog because of some of the people that read it ( friends, family, clients etc ) as it would be fairly reckless and indiscrete - or even criminal. Well, I had another day of stuff I can't talk about yesterday - and I need a break.

On friday - I was slightly heartened by the English. The studio manager at work came upstairs and said 'I need your opinion, you have dogs - what shall we do?" - there was a car parked outside the studio with two golden retrievers inside, both panting, condensation on the windows - very passive - in direct sunlight. By this time half the street had come out and we were about to break the windows when the receptionist from downstairs dialed 999 - the police were out straight away, the car had been there for 50 mins - with just a small gap in the sun roof - the police checked all the local bars and moments later a family of sheepish and indignant German tourists returned to the car past a gauntlet of very angry stares. I was 'this' close to breaking the window.

I'm supposed to be contributing a chapter to a book on bullying in the workplace - it's starting to bring back an awful lot of bad memories - I think it's either going to be very cathartic or a terrible mistake.

I am bracing myself for another hard week - need to do some planning for Thursday - not really sure what they want from this meeting - I have to take a day off paid work to do it - so it needs to be worthwhile.

I don't care about Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Harper 7 Beckham's first birthday souvenier special pullout in the Daily Mail - or the weather anywhere else but here.

After work on Friday I had a quick drink with an old collegue - someone I know through friends who has always been nice to me in the 'right' company or when they wanted something - blanked me - sat at the same table without even attempting to register me at all - which was fine, I had nothing to say to them - and I also met the young, good looking, obscenely confident some of someone quite well know - who was an absolute total wanker of the first order - but seemed to be very popular. He also thought he was a God. He wasn't. There is a new barmaid at The Standard - she's about 6 foot, had fantastic red hair and a beautiful figure - wore great clothes and had very charming mannerisms and body language - she looked a lot like Karen Elson. Sadly - when she spoke, it was like a docker  - I think she was from Hull.

I couldn't read the track listing on a CD last night - someone loaned me their glasses - it was a revelation - I had no idea things were so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment