Saturday 10 September 2011

One of those days

We all get them - just shit from start to end. I've just been caught in heavy downpour in chinos and a short sleeved shirt - shortly after Little Mouse slipped her lead and ran after the drunk woman's dog.

I've had the kind of day where I just want to shut the door and walk away - but obviously I can't. There are loads of things I don't blog about - partly because I'm not comfortable with that sort of thing - and partly because my friends, family ( close and extended ) and people I work with read this. It was never my intention - they just found it and that was that - I have to edit very carefully. I'm not a confessional type of person - I actually like the dull, mundane, minutia of life - I find the most boring things... interesting - and that's what this is all for.  It's also a nice distraction from stuff like today - which was shit from 2.30am when I woke up after a bad dream about fleas - I de-flea the house on Saturdays - and I hate it. They are much worse than usual this year,  the weather has really brought them on and all the usual treatments are a waste of time. it takes a whole day to strip, scrub, clean and treat the house and wash everything at high temperatures, I usually get to about Thursday or Friday before I find a new one. I fucking hate the bastards. Anything like that freaks me out. When I bought the house I went in the loft and there was a rotten old carpet that I moved and unleashed thousands of fabric moths - and in my old house in Liverpool I unlocked the loft hatch in the bathroom to discover the remains of a massive wasps nest - or to be more precise - the 6 inches of dead wasps that fell down onto me and covered my hair, face, clothes and went down the back of my neck.

Dog fleas are the bane of my fucking life. I've been informed now that the manufacturers of Frontline have removed the active ingredient so that it can be sold over the counter - so I've had Advantix or program recommended. More fucking money. I'm not going to ask on a dog forum - you only get loons saying "Oh, I only ever use herbal and homeopathic remedies, if you don't you are EVIL AND TRYING TO KILL YOUR DOG". Fucking Homeopaths - I'm really looking forward to seeing them come up with something for gunshot wounds or shark bites.

It's now after 6pm and I have 2 clients who want me to finish work for them today - SATURDAY. When I went into town to get more flea powder it was so hot I thought I was going to pass out trying to walk up the hill. I've probably been bitten by so many fleas I'm anaemic. I spent a fiver on an adapter for the electric toothbrush that SHOULD HAVE HAD ONE INCLUDED, and managed to catch all the stuff on the radio I'd intended to miss. including a bit from Women's hour about a person who had complained that WHSmiths have a section for 'chick-lit' called 'Women's Fiction' - personally I'm more offended that actual real women write this shite for actual real women to read... and she was so full of self importance and trendy thinking that she had totally missed the point that she was on WOMEN'S HOUR!!! - silly cow.

Totally pissing down now. The house stinks of bleach and flea powder. I've done 11 washes at high temperature and given myself a headache. Brilliant. The washing capsule thingies were on sale - they have a very strong odour of orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment